[TowerTalk] found: reliable tower workman

Dan Handelsman dannhat at optonline.net
Wed May 3 18:34:07 EDT 2017

Hi all:

  Last year I posted a request for help in finding someone to take down
my LM-470 Triex and KT-34 XA. I was giving them away for free.

A bunch of you answered  my mail and the first person to do so - Steve,
WD8NPL - was promised the package. Unfortunately I was jerked around by
a couple of people who promised to do the job and then reneged.

I didn't realize how we can be victimized by a small group of people who
have a monopoly on the market. They promise and renege, change their
prices and I even heard of one that wants to interview you before
accepting the job.

The bottom line: by pure luck I found that my tree man could do the job
when I mentioned my frustrations to him. Westchester Tree Life, here in
Chappaqua, came by yesterday. They took down the antenna and the tower
and managed to transport the tower across the lawn without damaging the
grass and put it on Steve's trailer. Steve is proof that persistence
pays off since he drove over 500 miles to pick up the tower. The guys
were professional, efficient and very reasonable.

So, if you are in NY or CT and need tower work done, contact Bill Davies
at Westchester Tree Life - 914-238-8310. He has cranes, back hoes and
other equipment to do the job. And the young  riggers really got a kick
out of doing something other than tree work.

No need to be at the mercy of prima donnas any longer. And I am so glad
that I was able to keep my promise, albeit a little late -HI.

Dan, N2DT