[TowerTalk] Yaesu G-1000DXA Rtor in LM-470?

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Thu May 11 17:43:00 EDT 2017

It is 8 pounds, not what I would call heavy.  I had two of Yaesu's biggest
rotators, the G-2800DXA, and they were light weight but held up very well.

John KK9A

To:	towertalk at contesting.com
Subject:	Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-1000DXA Rtor in LM-470?
From:	"Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net>
Date:	Thu, 11 May 2017 16:41:41 -0400

IIRC That G1000 is like a tailtwister on steroids with heavy Al castings.
It's big and fairly heavy. It looks identical to the old Wilson rotator An
adapter plate is easy to make out of a 1/4" thick Al plate, but it needs
to be one of the harder alloys. I never had one apart. Replacement parts?
Does Yaesu still make them?

73, Roger (K8RI)