[TowerTalk] Rebar or no rebar

Greg Best gbconsulting54 at gmail.com
Mon May 15 09:24:46 EDT 2017

A few other things to keep in mind.

The tower industry has revised its standards from EIA 222 Rev F to Rev G.
The tower failures in the broadcast industry and the wireless industry
(and the associated fatalities) have caused much more development in the
rigging and foundation designs.  As an example, ROHN will not support the
old fold-over designs at all any more. So although the foundation size has
generally increased, it is in good measure to match the safety margins in
the rest of the tower.

We used to think that if the antenna stayed up in the winter, then that
meant it was a good design.  The tools are much better now to analyze
circumstances that may not have occurred but could have with regard to a
specific tower.  I believe that hams are also putting up bigger arrays.
Bigger arrays mean more stress and a bigger mess if things don¹t go well.

Patrick¹s comments about the options for legal recourse are all spot on.

Greg
N9GB

Greg Best P.E.
16100 Outlook Avenue