[TowerTalk] lightning protection at towers and bunkers on former AT&T microwave relay sites

Kim Elmore cw_de_n5op at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 20 09:40:02 EDT 2017

The cites that Jim gives are most excellent. I am a research meteorologist at the National Severe Storms Lab and, while lightning isn't my area, I know the scientists that study it. They have lots of evidence that the porcupines sound like a nice idea, but the the electrodynamics of how lightning propagates renders the porcupines ineffective.

73,

Kim N5OP

"People that make music together cannot be enemies, at least as long as the music lasts." -- Paul Hindemith