[TowerTalk] Mot R36 related to NUMBER of installed ground rods

Jeff keepwalking188 at ac0c.com
Fri Nov 3 01:10:40 EDT 2017

I’m laying out the ground rod scheme for the towers.

As I look at Mot R56, it seems like about 45’ of rods gets you to the 5 ohm target based on one of the graphics they provide  That’s about 9 ground rods spread out in 3 legs each with 3 rods separated by 16’ assuming 8’ rods and average soil.

While I realize more is better, how do you determine “enough” in the context of ground rod count?

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie