[TowerTalk] 4 square advice

Jeff keepwalking188 at ac0c.com
Tue Nov 14 14:48:49 EST 2017

But you are talking about a 4-square and not a vertical.  So this experiment
shows that a vertical with a fatter element is more broadbanded and that
certainly implies the same with a 4-square, but it does not in a practical
sense convey the specific benefit of using a wider element in the common
case of a 4-square with a conventional hybrid combiner.  What I wanted to
know was the return on my investment hassle to use the dual wires.  AutoEZ
provides me that answer which is why I point it out.

The author has cooked up a hybrid as part of the 4-sq model and that means
you I can look specifically at the dump power % coming off the combiner over
my bandwidth of interest as I vary the element sizes.  My plan is to build
up the array with a single wire for start and measure the dump power and
then move to the 2 wire to test the model prediction.

Good luck

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie