[TowerTalk] Ground wire between tower and ground stakes

Patrick Greenlee patrick_g at windstream.net
Wed Nov 15 14:13:59 EST 2017

In many cases the insulation on wires does not last too long exposed to
UV and other destructive forces.  Yes, you could sleeve it with
UV/weather resistant sleeve material but why bother?  What is the
attraction of stranded vs more robust solid, if repetitive
bending/flexing is not a factor?

Interconnecting wires running from ground rod to ground rod should not
pose a repetitive flexing/bending problem.

An argument in favor of stranded wire where corrosion is not an issue
would be something like, "I have the wire already", or "I found some at
a bargain price", or...

Patrick        NJ5G