[TowerTalk] 2-el 15/20 meter duobander

Jeff keepwalking188 at ac0c.com
Tue Nov 28 23:06:39 EST 2017

Stan is a much better modeler than I am so in my case (4-ele 17m + 3-ele 30m
on same boom, separate feeds) I would not say "sure, no problem."  However
AutoEZ can do some tricks that make working on multi-band stuff easy.  For
example in my case I have two separate feeds and AutoEZ can feed the
antennas from different feed points depending on frequency which is how you
can simultaneously optimize on two bands at once.  I really don't know how
guys did it back in the day even with modeling software.

Check out the list of examples on the guy's page here.  Pretty often he will
add some application note comment on topics kicked around on the various
reflectors.  That's how the 4-sq model was implemented in that tool - he saw
guys talking about the 4sq in several flavors and wrapped it into one big
mother of a model which will sing an opera if you know enough about what you
are doing to do the conducting.

http://ac6la.com/aecollectiontoc.html

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com