[TowerTalk] Rain Gutter Antenna

Mike DeChristopher mfdechristopher at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 23:11:48 EST 2017

Mike,

In my college dorm, I had almost what you described in #3 -- access to two
separate gutter systems from two downspouts that didn't touch. In my case,
there was symmetry.

I was near the top floor (at four stories, a real New Hampshire
skyscraper). Connecting the pin to one downspout and the shield to the
other created a very ugly but vertically polarized lazy-H "thing." I used
C-clamps to make the connections between RA inspections. I worked Ducie
Island with it.

I'd recommend trying what you suggest in #3. It might work. It might not.
You'll definitely have poor ears in any case, though.

GL,
Mike N1TA