[TowerTalk] Fan dipole construction methods

N1BUG paul at n1bug.com
Sun Oct 1 07:21:53 EDT 2017

I've been reading the fan dipole discussion with much interest. I
have used fan dipoles for many years, as inverted V, common center
point with the ends tied off separately. The biggest one (a club
project) had 6 wires for 160/80/40/20/15/10. It worked OK but that
was a lot of rope! Currently I have individual inverted V antennas
for each of several bands all supported from various points on one
tower. I would like to reduce the number or ropes tied off everywhere.

If you have successfully constructed and used a fan dipole where one
or more more wires hang from the first and each end requires only a
single support rope I would like to see details of the construction.
I have made a few attempts and seen some others but they all either
suffered from the lower wires sagging, constantly breaking spreaders
or both.

Ideally (and this may be too many wires to be practical) I would
like to construct an 80/60/40/30 meter fan dipole requiring only a
single rope at each end. Major project is OK if the end result is
viable.

73,
Paul N1BUG