[TowerTalk] Wet samp for TX455 USTower

Patrick Greenlee patrick_g at windstream.net
Mon Oct 9 08:41:40 EDT 2017

On 10/8/2017 4:19 PM, Mickey Baker wrote:
> Whether or not you pull a permit, or there's any enforcement where you
> live, I assure you that any structure is subject to building codes. Why
> wouldn't it be? Did you build your house without a permit? Why not?

I designed and hired a general contractor to build our current house.
It is over 5000 sqft with three floors including the fully finished
walkout basement with full bath and guest quarters. The only "permit"
was registering the septic system with DEQ (department of environmental
quality. ) The only additional interface with any governmental  agency
was erecting a mailbox IAW USPS requirements and having the tax
assessors visit me after they noticed the new structure under construction.

There were no other permits or inspections.   Of course I required all
work to be equal to or better than applicable national codes (NEC etc)
but my general contractor and I were the enforcers of that.  I have 4
towers if you count the Hy-Gain Hy-Tower (53 ft) vertical I put on top
of a metal barn. So long as I don't go high enough to require interface
with FAA or have a tower fall across a property line and damage a
neighbor there is absolutely no government interface of any kind with me
regarding towers.  My "building lot" is 1/2 mile by 1/2 mile (160 acres)
and the towers are about 1/4 mile from the nearest neighbor's property.

My situation is not unique for rural property outside the jurisdiction
of incorporated cities in the state of Oklahoma.  You may view my
location on  Google Earth after getting the lat and lon or street
address from QRZ.com.

P.S.  My septic system installer was "self inspecting" so no one from
DEQ actually saw the installation.

Of course your mileage is very very likely to vary.

Patrick        NJ5G