[TowerTalk] CM Choke

Wes Stewart wes_n7ws at triconet.org
Fri Oct 13 08:49:58 EDT 2017

As I said, I can't find the data.  The N2PK was an early version which I did not
add USB to so I ran it on an old Toshiba laptop with WinXP and a parallel port.
I broke it out and fired it up but no data to be found.  I probably saved it on
a floppy disk.  This was 10 years ago and I've lost a wife and had a number of
issues since then so memory if foggy.

The Boonton is long gone due to downsizing.  I have the N2PK still but have
moved on the the DG8SGQ analyzer.

The photos I took were of a general nature and not necessarily the final
measurement configuration, so reliance on them is a dubious proposition.

There is a plethora of papers and messages by the likes of N2PK, N6RK, DG8SAQ,
OZ7OU that examine these types of measurements in detail.

Another fun and slightly related paper is here:
http://www.tuks.nl/pdf/Reference_Material/David%20Knight%20-%20The%20self-resonance%20and%20self-capacitance%20of%20solenoid%20coils.pdf

Wes  N7WS