[TowerTalk] 3-way handheld comm recommendation for tower work

Jeff keepwalking188 at ac0c.com
Sun Oct 15 03:54:08 EDT 2017

I’m looking for a recommendation on some sort of small radio that could be used when we have guys up on the tower.  The catch is I would like to find something that would have a shared frequency so we could have a 3+ radios on the same frequency.

Cell phones with bluetooth would be ideal but that’s out because the local cell phone service for the guys on the ground is spotty which is really too bad because that would be a perfect solution.  Something like 2m would work ok but that’s not duplex and would require PTT activation with a hand that is not necessary going to be free to push the button.

I’m a HF guy and really don’t know anything about hand-held solutions but I would guess there is a cheap silver-bullet for this task.  Just have zero idea of what it would be.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie