[TowerTalk] Fwd: 3-way handheld comm recommendation for tower work

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Sun Oct 15 17:24:36 EDT 2017

An amazing amount of radio for $40, but as tested didn't meet
harmonic/spur suppression FCC specs.  A club member fired one up on a
spectrum analyzer for a meeting about a year ago, not pretty.  But a
good enough handy radio to have for emergency use.  I also have several
UV-5Rs.

Also, don't expect the front ends to handle any serious amount of
adjacent RF as in near a cell site or commercial tower farm.  Only the
commercial Motorola HT radios can handle that per my tower guy whose
climbers only use them.

Grant KZ1W