[TowerTalk] FW: Tower Grounds

Clay Autery KY5G at montac.com
Tue Oct 17 09:47:06 EDT 2017

So, would I be correct in assuming in this case, that it would be
"better" to have the strap bond as close to the bottom/foundation as
reasonable to reduce the "parallel conductor" distance?

In my case, there are threaded steel rods in the foundation, not a tower
section...  So the bond would be made to the tower leg that is
sitting/bolted in/to a steel clevis bolted to the threaded rod.  I will
give additional attention to this inward force to which you refer in the
mechanical design.... perhaps a thicker strap and more craftsmanship in
the shaping thereof is in order. <wink>.

PS - Pretty stinkin' neat to learn something new.... Here's a link that
explains the math/theory at a reasonably understandable level.  <smile>

http://www.kshitij-iitjee.com/Magnetic-force-between-two-parallel-conductors

Thanks Jim!

Clay Autery, KY5G
MONTAC Enterprises