[TowerTalk] Getting a stuck wire antenna out of a tree

Bob Shohet, KQ2M kq2m at kq2m.com
Tue Oct 17 19:58:36 EDT 2017

I have one element of my 80 M 4-square stuck in a tree and I can’t get it down even with trying a variety of methods.  I believe that the element is not actually stuck but rather the 3/16” rope that it is attached to is caught in the notch of a branch and the branch may have grown around it and trapped it within.

I could try to pull it out with extreme force but I fear that the element would break and then leave a dangling piece of wire of indeterminate length that could couple to one of the elements and affect the pattern and/or tangle with the replacement element.

Does any one have any ideas of what else I might try to get the element out whole?

Tnx & 73

Bob KQ2M