[TowerTalk] Rohn 25g unguyed height

Dave Sublette k4to at arrl.net
Tue Oct 24 09:39:45 EDT 2017

Reading from my Rohn Engineering Manual,:

House brackets must be used and must be mounted at least 12 feet above ground to be effective.  #25 tower should not extend more than 33 feet above the bracket.

This is based on 2 square feet of wind load and a 20 pound per square foot wind, which is 70 mph.

So how high above the bracket depends on how big of an antenna you put on it and what windspeed you want it to blow down at.

73,

Dave, K4TO