[TowerTalk] height of ground rod at tower base

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Oct 24 12:14:09 EDT 2017

On 10/24/2017 6:21 AM, Jim Thomson wrote:
>   How big a gauge of cu wire can you stuff into those rohn tower leg ground
> connectors ???

The wires (and/or copper strap) is clamped between two heavy brass
plates that are tightened by a good sized bolt. I'd guess that you could
put almost any practical size of wire through it, at least AWG#2.

Another thought for Jeff -- last I looked at NEC, they want ground rods
at the service entrance to be completely buried, with the connection
below grade. There's a specified depth, don't remember what it is.

73, Jim K9YC