[TowerTalk] Terry's Tiltover

Clay Autery KY5G at montac.com
Wed Oct 25 09:05:48 EDT 2017

You ever actually laid eyes on the ACME Screw system they use?  I have.
I've disassembled and reassembled one in detail.  I've watched it in
use, up close.
It is as close to bulletproof as one can get and far superior to cables
for a number of reasons (IMO).  I am intimately aware with cable and rod
actuation systems being a former aviation maintenance officer.  I'll
take the ACME screw system for this tilt-down only aluminum antenna,
EVERY time.  No worries about cable routing and stacking when cranking
down and up,  many fewer moving parts, etc, etc.

I can hand assemble the entire system, and if I do it right, I don't
even need a ladder.  No crane, no helpers.... Albeit, I love having
"helpers" around.  My wife helped me disassemble mine in Pennsylvania
when we picked it up.
I can store or transport it in  and 8x12x6 foot box.  No LTL truck
services or attendant charges.  And it doesn't "rust".

Y'all have an awesome day!
Clay
KY5G