[TowerTalk] 7-16 DIN Males for RG-213/214

Jeff DePolo jd0 at broadsci.com
Thu Oct 26 13:06:19 EDT 2017

> With all this talk of water migration, I'm surprised there is no
> mention of Trilpgy cable. They guarantee it against water migration!
> They do not have a good superflexible product, however. It's even made
> in USA.  http://www.trilogycoax.com/ --73, Mike, WV2ZOW

Unless they've come out with something since then, last time we looked at
using or stocking Trilogy we decided not to as they only made smooth-wall
aluminum shield cables.  As far as smooth-wall, we had enough headaches with
Commscope smooth-wall cables that I'm not looking to go back to using
anything smooth-wall.  And having had problems with PIM and reduced
longevity with aluminum cables, including a fairly-recent failure that
required two 550 foot runs of 1-5/8" aluminum-shielded cable to be replaced,
we avoid aluminum and stick with copper.

By the way, Commscope has put an end to their smooth-wall cable line (FXL
series), having already discontinued most of the line and/or putting what
remains on EOL.  Good riddance as far as I'm concerned.

In the ham world, maybe risk vs reward leads to others chosing to use
cheap(er) cable, but call me old fashioned, I'll just stick with what I know
works...my time is worth much more than any slight savings in materials
cost.

				--- Jeff WN3A

---