[TowerTalk] Turn 80m dipole inv v into something for 30m

Ken Boasi n2zn at rochester.rr.com
Sat Oct 28 13:05:13 EDT 2017

Mike,

I've had a few 80m monoband antennas over the years (inverted V, vertical with top loading, full size verticals) and they all were pretty close to resonant on 30. They usually came in somewhere around 10.300-10.500 MHz. Internal tuner on the radio always seemed to take care of the SWR.

I also had a dual band 80/160 vertical (two vertical elements fed on the same coax) over a large radial field, and that worked the same as the monoband antennas.

Anecdotes of "I worked this DXpedition and that DXpedition" can follow, but it always seemed to work OK as a stopgap until I put up an actual resonant 30 meter antenna.

73, Ken N2ZN