[TowerTalk] getting the ufer ground effect with a burried painted section

Jeff AC0C keepwalking188 at ac0c.com
Wed Sep 6 12:55:26 EDT 2017

I’m pouring concrete for a tower base using a bottom section standing on gravel in the hole.  I had assumed that would prove some UFER ground benefit but wanted to ask because before placing the section into the hole it was painted well with the Rustoleum cold galvanizing paint.

I hope that I have not voided my ufer ground effect with the application of the paint.  Because here in the Midwest, lightning is definitely going to be a problem faced sooner than tower corrosion.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie