[TowerTalk] Turnbuckles with Rod Sides

Tonno Vahk tonno.vahk at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 07:55:50 EDT 2017

Oh, hold on guys!:) The 15m array is still up and running! Good way to get those rumors going:) I did lose another 45m rotating tower 2-3 years ago though due to the turnbuckle failure. The tower went back up last autumn with new antennas. It was a painful lesson and certainly I am using safety wires on all my turnbuckles now!

I did learn about the saddling of the dead horse thing and have fixed the wire rope clips. The only thing that I am probably not doing right is the distance between wire rope clips on the wire. Given I had quite long ends of the wire left over I left also half a meter or more between 4 wire rope clips (the first one right after the thimble).

Is it and why is it crucial to keep the wire rope clip close to each other on the wire (2" or so)?

73
Tonno
ES5TV