[TowerTalk] Your experience with rope capstan hoists or winches

Wayne Kline w3ea at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 12 12:48:52 EDT 2017

Hi Wizzer  AKA. Charlie

  I have been using an    AB Chance  110V  15 amp  T308   3000 lb Capstan winch.

  IMO I have a Greenlee   Wire Tugger   to start,  but bought ane AB chance Capstan winch.

 I made a aluminum channel  with a dual chain  quick attachment for R-20,& 25    R45,55 and R 65 and AB105.  One great accessory was the WX  rubber foot switch   works  well as is when installing tower sections, BUT for traming Antenna's   using tow 100 ft. extension cables  gave you the ability to adjust the tag line  while also  operating the winch assent .

I am no knowledge of the unit  you made reference to....  just know these AB Chance are a industry  standard. and  mine has served me well  and raised  100's of sections of tower in it's life.

Another duty  I used it for I built an adaptor  for a 2" truck receiver  hitch. and use it tp PULL hardline ,coax and control line through  tubes......  Easy  Peezy  with  Kelvin Grips and LOTS of pulling LUBE.

Check out industrial  sales  Ebay ect  .

GL  Wayne W3EA