[TowerTalk] Your experience with rope capstan hoists or winches

Wayne Kline w3ea at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 13 15:17:32 EDT 2017

John

 When I first used  a Greenlee Wire tug' er    it has no provision to tie the free end off and so you pulled a loop through a  tower rung and did a Halfhitch

the AB Chance units have either  a T handle  across the face of the transmission or a paper Clip U wire made from 3/8 Rod and you secure the  line with a  1/2 wrap and  clove hitch  or half Hitch

 Wayne W3EA