[TowerTalk] Question wind loading beam

r young ryoung158 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 18:01:03 EDT 2017

I am planning on replacing my KT34A, which was listed with a wind load of 6
sq feet.

My tower cannot handle anything  very big big and did fine with  the KT34a.

I was looking at the XR3 and XR4  by Innovantennas ( Force 12).
I was told this this

The XR3 and 4 are very similar in size, weight and wind-loading to the C3.
The XR3 has a wind area of 8.32 SqFt and the XR4, 9.19 sqft.

  That is much  higher than I expected for beams that seem compact.

Is there a different standard now?  If so , what would the wind load be
for them using the method that had 6 sq feet for the KLM kt34a back in the
day.  I think M2 now rates  the KT34a  even lower in load.

Appreciate any help.

Tks

Gerry