[TowerTalk] CM Choke Cookbook

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Fri Sep 22 19:01:28 EDT 2017

I've made 20+ with RG142 using the "cookbook" smaller coax turns and
core counts, 160 to 10.  Measured with my VNWA the L & R values are near
the expected.   The TFE is UV resistant and some chokes are in PVC
junction boxes and some not.  At 6m the RG142 is at its QRO limit, below
that it is fine QRO+.  My 142 is the double braid silver plated version,
it comes both ways with the same obsolete RG unless it is MIL marked as
mine is.

Grant KZ1W