[TowerTalk] Marine Grade Coax -- NOT!

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Sun Sep 24 17:57:29 EDT 2017

Jim,

I think you got a rip off version of the Ancor brand, your Ankor is
Chinese is my guess.  I've used up a 250' spool of what is marked RG8
and last measured the 165' length remaining was right on spec for loss
at 30MHz and even then it was 15 years old.

I've used a lot of Ancor products over the years and found them right on
spec, tinned conductors from 10 to 18ga, and the coax is exactly as
specified tinned center Cu and tinned shield and sturdy jacket.

And yes, RF stuff at Marine suppliers will empty your wallet vs
communications industry suppliers.

Grant KZ1W