[TowerTalk] Fan Dipole

Doug Smith doug at w7kf.com
Sat Sep 30 15:02:55 EDT 2017

I am familiar with that research.  The bottom line was that by spacing the feed points of each set of dipoles approximately 6 inches from each other *and* by spacing the ends of each of the shorter dipoles approximately 3 feet below the longer dipole above it, interaction would be minimized.

I believe that the term “interaction” covered both resonance and bandwidth of the higher frequency dipoles but the bandwidth issue might be based on my own experiences or preconceived notions.  Not sure at this point — it’s been many years since I read that report..

73,
Doug, W7KF
http://www.w7kf.com <http://www.w7kf.com/>