[TowerTalk] Fan Dipole

Don W7WLL w7wll at arrl.net
Sat Sep 30 20:12:53 EDT 2017

Tnx for sharing that Dan, interesting reading. I even liked the bit about
the BC-610 (my first HP amp in '62, could wipe out every TV and hifi within
a couple of blocks I think). An I used the AN/GRC-9 when in uniform, long
long time ago.

But the best part was the explanation given for the center connection
separation. In my case I do not have one under the other. The 40 runs off at
different angles from the 80 so not sure how much 'wind' movement would play
on its general operation. I had planned on the 160 also off at another
angle, essentially, looking down from the top the 6 wires would be almost
equidistant from each other.

Guess I've never know till I finish it and put some juice to it.  As to the
comment from another on being a poor 160 antenna I agree, but better than
nothing which is where I am at the moment.

Again tnx to all for the inputs and ideas.