[TowerTalk] Fan Dipole

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat Sep 30 22:01:46 EDT 2017

On 9/30/2017 5:31 PM, Wes Stewart wrote:
> It may be terrible, but it's better than no antenna at all.

Exactly right! But most serious operators have had the experience of a
few dB making the difference between making a QSO or not.

> I have 72 DXCC entities worked using an inverted-V, 45' high at the
> center with ends barely off the ground.

And I have 147 worked on 160 in 11 years from Norcal with good antennas.
As N6BT has famously said, "Everything works," which he demonstrated by
working all continents driving a light bulb with all wiring to the light
bulb suppressed. :)

73, Jim K9YC