[TowerTalk] Fan Dipole

Wes Stewart wes_n7ws at triconet.org
Sat Sep 30 22:12:15 EDT 2017

On 9/30/2017 5:34 PM, Kurt Cathcart, KR2C wrote:
> Imaginary modes by text messaging?  Boy aren't you full of stuff tonight?

Not at all. FT8 decodes signals that aren't there and JT65 uses lookup tables to
glean calls.  So I call them imaginary modes.  On my last FT8 QSO, and I do mean
last, the DX station sent me a text message via JTAlert to tell me what he had
copied and what I needed to send.  This is like the users of eQSL who tell me
that I need to correct my log so that have a QSO with me.

I am not ethically-challenged so I do neither.  So we've gone from DXCC "Honor"
Roll members who have their buddy work a new one for them when they're out of
town, to working new ones from a remote station across the country, to text
messaging the QSOs.  I guess when it's said that FT8 is going to revolutionize
DXing it's true. Pity.

Wes  N7WS