[TowerTalk] HyGain Antenna Quality control issues: Let's Put MFJ in Perspective

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Tue Apr 3 03:43:47 EDT 2018

The last I was involved with any of this, ISO9000/9001 was more of an
upper level umbrella than anything else.  It basically required that you
document what you said you were going to do and adhere to it.  It didn't
really require that what you did was technically or statistically or
operationally sound.  It promoted a certain level of consistent
performance and that certainly was valuable, but it wasn't by itself a
very effective tool for creating improvement.  We complied with it, of
course, but considered it to be more administrative eyewash than
anything else.  Process improvement tools like Six Sigma and TPM were
much more rigorous and had much more utility, at least for us and at
least back when ISO9000 was released.

Dave   AB7E