[TowerTalk] 12V through coax to switch antennas remotely

Steve Bookout steve at nr4m.com
Tue Apr 3 11:54:36 EDT 2018

Tony,

My apologies.  I re-read your email and see your dealing with receive
only antennas.

You may ignore my post, as current/voltage will not be an issue.

I had always heard the reactance should be 10 - 12 times the impedance
your dealing with, so at least 600 ohms reactance for the choke, which
is about 50 uh at 1.8 MHz.  Easy to go more and doesn't hurt.  I think I
use 75 to 100 uh.  I don't recall exactly.

The cap can be almost any amount.  A .01 uf will give your about 5 ohms
of capacitive reactance at 160.

Steve, NR4M