[TowerTalk] Source for Large Adjustment Nut

Patrick Barkey n9rvee at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 17:11:13 EDT 2018

I have a chain drive for my big rotating tower that was built by K8RR
(SK).  It has a torque limiter that allows the tower to slip in high winds
to protect the rotor and linkage.  The problem is that the adjustment nut
for this limiter (similar to a clutch) has rusted solid and I can't adjust
the tension anymore.

My plan is to cut the nut off and use a new one, but I cannot find a source
to buy the replacement nut.

It looks very similar to this:
https://www.applied.com/c-brands/c-regal-beloit/c-morse-industrial-corp-/700tl-adj-nut/Torque-Limiter-Parts/p/101376137

But mine is a slightly different thread pattern and size.  I need a 3 1/2
inch nut with 12 tpi.  The fastener places can't find one like that for me.

Does anyone on this list have any ideas where to look?

I can't identify the manufacturer of the torque limiter that I have.

  - Pat
    N9RV