[TowerTalk] Source for Large Adjustment Nut

Steve, W3AHL w3ahl at att.net
Thu Apr 5 14:18:34 EDT 2018

Here’s a source for several styles, starting at $57 (first 3 listings)

https://www.zieglerbolt.com/jam-nuts-2#/sFilters=33!14339;14!11008

Steve, W3AHL

From: Patrick Barkey <n9rvee at gmail.com>
To: towertalk at contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Source for Large Adjustment Nut

I have a chain drive for my big rotating tower that was built by K8RR
(SK).  It has a torque limiter that allows the tower to slip in high winds
to protect the rotor and linkage.  The problem is that the adjustment nut
for this limiter (similar to a clutch) has rusted solid and I can't adjust
the tension anymore.

My plan is to cut the nut off and use a new one, but I cannot find a source
to buy the replacement nut.

It looks very similar to this:
https://www.applied.com/c-brands/c-regal-beloit/c-morse-industrial-corp-/700tl-adj-nut/Torque-Limiter-Parts/p/101376137

But mine is a slightly different thread pattern and size.  I need a 3 1/2
inch nut with 12 tpi.  The fastener places can't find one like that for me.

Does anyone on this list have any ideas where to look?