[TowerTalk] Slow/Stuck rotator in one direction

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Tue Apr 17 20:07:33 EDT 2018

Jim has a good point. A long time ago I had a couple of these bearings, in
fact I still probably have them laying around somewhere. If I recall the
collar just kept the mast from dropping down and the bearing is sealed with
a grease fitting. I am not sure where dirt would go or how the collar could
would hinder rotation unless it cause binding by not lining up with the
rotator. I typically tightened the rotator mast clamp after the collar was
holding the weight of the antennas.

John KK9A