[TowerTalk] VA6AM triplexer and BPFs

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Wed Apr 25 08:16:15 EDT 2018

It would be nice if there was a speed control option that you could set
based on what mode you're using. If it is a DC motor I guess one could be
homebrewed with a voltage regulator. What happens if the filter gets too
hot, is it permanently damaged?

John KK9A

From: K4XS
Date: Mon Apr 23 17:05:20 EDT 2018

To the guys using the high power VA6AM...

I'll be solely SO2R, never M2.  So only one signal on the air at a
time....legal limit (really)  The smaller fans are what I'm getting on the
BPFs except for 10 M.  On 10 I'm getting the bigger one which I believe is
100CFM.  I know the smaller fans are pretty quiet, but the larger one is
pretty noisy.

Any thought s as to the necessity of the bigger fan for 10  and how noisy
are the fans?  The whole set up will be under the operating desk in the
kneehole.

Bill K4XS/KH7XS