[TowerTalk] Adding Expanding Foam inside boom

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Thu Apr 26 01:26:56 EDT 2018

Typical expanding foams like Great Stuff and others are open cell foam.
The surface has a skin on it, but if you slice some of that with a knife
you will find that it is as absorbent to water as a sponge.   The sun
eats that stuff for breakfast, lunch, dinner and regular snacks during
the day ... and for some reason birds love to pick at it ... so most
likely you would end up adding weight to your boom over time due to
water absorption.

It might be different if you were to use closed cell foam, but in my
opinion you'd be far better off simply upgrading the boom.

73,
Dave   AB7E