[TowerTalk] Rotor and controller choice

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Mon Aug 13 12:13:24 EDT 2018

! agree re Yaesu 2800 either new or old model are good rotators except
for the Yaesu controller.  It works fine but the mickey mouse pointer
o-ring drives are a pain to replace when they go flabby.  I've seen
these controllers at give away prices when replaced with a Green Heron.
My nine GH's are fine except for azimuth setting wire wound pot noise
which causes them to wander up to +/- 10 degrees at random times. Very
annoying.

I also like my Orion/GH combo.  A bit more capacity than the Yaesu.

Grant KZ1W