[TowerTalk] Rotor and controller choice

Gary Smith Gary at ka1j.com
Wed Aug 15 20:55:54 EDT 2018

Folks,

Thanks again for all the on & off list
replies. I looked at the options and
decided to go with the Green Heron 21D
controller with the larger readout & an
Alpha Spid RAK. I thought about the big
RAK but don't see me needing it for a long
time, if ever.

Climbing isn't as easy as it used to be
(Do need to oil the leather on my climbing
belt) and I'll most likely be getting a
motorized tower, likely a pole type tower
so I can lower the assembly & get to
whatever work needs done easily. It'll fit
well on that & if I do get a conventional
tower, it'll work in that as well with
plenty of torque. Just ordered a bottom
mounting plate which was shipped today.
I'm good to go.

Thanks for the helpful advice.

& totally unrelated... it's been years
since I had anything but a computer
generated QSL card. I came across a
creative artist & the rest is history. I
have a copy of it near the bottom of my
QRZ page. It's good to have a fun card for
a change.

73,

Gary
KA1J