[TowerTalk] Fwd: Re: SS Double Ended Stud

Don w7wll at arrl.net
Mon Aug 20 00:20:03 EDT 2018

Thanks everyone,

Lots of good input on _sources on fully threaded stock_ which I had also
found (well most).

BUT, I am NOT looking for fully threaded stock. I need a stud with a
thread on both ends that runs out at slightly less that or about 3/4
inch (like the double end studs used in auto engines). I want to ensure
the stud cannot be turned beyond the thread run-out. Same with the other
end (want to leave a very small amount of unthreaded material between
the end thread run-outs).

Could I put on a nut and Locktite (or something similar). Maybe but I
would prefer to not chance the stud continuing to turn, a situation I
don't want to happen.

Looks like I will need to contact one the local machine shops and see if
they can make me one.

Thanks for all the input and interestingly, I don't recollect
McMasters-Carr coming up in my search and I had forgotten about them.
Great source without a doubt.

Don W7WLL