[TowerTalk] Number of radials

jcjacobsen at q.com jcjacobsen at q.com
Wed Aug 22 13:28:21 EDT 2018

John is looking for advice for radials under vertical for 80 meters.

John, get yourself a copy of the Antenna book. There is a chart showing number of radials, vs how efficient, vs amount of wire available.
If I remember correctly, if you only have room/enough wire for a few, then length isn't as important. I always went with, as many as I could, as long as I could make 'em. Right now I have limited room, so I have 32 radials, aprox 30' long under 42' vertical. Works very well, at least I think so.
If they are buried, they don't have to be resonant ie no need for 1/4 wavelength long.

Have fun with the project.

73
K9WN Jake