[TowerTalk] Big Rak and HDX-555 orion2800

bill steffey ny9h at arrl.net
Tue Aug 28 18:08:14 EDT 2018

a few months after initial install gunk started to grow inside the
nice gold pinned neutrik connector up at the rotor. The gunk
conducted the pulses for the motor into the sense line returning the
motor turns, totally messing up the positioner's readout ... after a
few months of that I cut off the connector and used what M2 is using
now, a simple euro electrical binding post.( without the box).
Eventually , at the bottom of the tower, I even broke out the motor
lines seperate from the pulse liners back to the shack. Never again
a  problem...later went with a RT-21 green heron.  ..

Also my sommer beam etc caused too much slip for me , so I went with
the Chamnpion assembly. The design of that has changed dramatically
since mine was purchased years ago. Now I know where it is pointed.

bill /3