[TowerTalk] question on TIC 1022D/E motor

StellarCAT rxdesign at ssvecnet.com
Fri Aug 31 19:17:51 EDT 2018

I have an older model ring ... the motor is a substantial (hefty) ‘box’ with a wire guard over the output gears ... my question is this: is there Overtravel built in? There’s mention of OT in some of their instructions but no real details, so I don’t know if it is a real OT (failsafe) or just soft limits with the end stops of the controller and thus not really protected against wrong wiring or run-aways. Does it have a relay/diode inside to prevent continued voltage of one polarity from being applied yet still enabling the other direction? I want to be sure of this before I mess with running the motor. Since these are so old and since I’ve heard the motor itself hasn’t been available for some time (wiper motor) I don’t want to risk damage.

I’ve written Carl a little earlier – I was hoping to get an answer before the start of the weekend in the morning so I can make progress on finishing this aspect up, thus the additional post here.

regards,

Gary
K9RX