[TowerTalk] Rotator Bolt Patterns

Kenneth Goodwin krgoodwin at comcast.net
Sun Dec 2 13:54:25 EST 2018

The Orion OR2800 bolt pattern is an exact match with the T2X (all six
bolts).  The Hy-Gain bolt patterns are pretty common.  I plan to replace the
tailtwister with an OR2800 but in a self-supporting tower (Rohn SSV) with no
clearance issues.

I wonder if your inability to rotate isn't the ye ole stuck wedge brake
problem.  For example, a Green Heron controller will initially move the beam
in the wrong direction and then a few seconds later initiate the counter
rotation to the desired heading.  The T2X wedge brake sticks almost all the
time.  When I use a standard Hy-Gain controller, I will initiate releasing
the brake a few times to unstick it.  Sometimes the Green Heron's scheme
doesn't unstick the wedge brake (rare but usually after a good wind storm)
so I will plug in the old Hy-Gain controller and beat on it a few times.  I
can hear the brake release since the tower is right outside of the shack.  I
will send you under separate cover the two bolt patterns.  Ken K5RG