[TowerTalk] 39 +j0 ohms?

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Dec 2 15:27:29 EST 2018

Where are you measuring?  You'll only get the actual impedance measuring
right at the feedpoint with a very short piece of coax connecting the
analyzer.

Now, it IS possible to transform a measurement made at the end of a long
piece of coax to the feedpoint Z, but to do that you need to save the
data to a file and export to software like AC6LA's ZPlots or AE6TY's
SimSmith. AND you need to know the length of the feedline, know the
exact type of coax, and plug both into the software.

73, Jim K9YC