[TowerTalk] Ham Antenna Rotator: The Teardown

Charles Gallo charlie at thegallos.com
Mon Dec 3 22:40:43 EST 2018

The short answer to why they get fretting is because ball bearings are not really the best answer for intermittent rotary motion, with vibrational loading. It was why a lot of applications stuck with sintered bronze, and today use plastic. I STILL say that this bearing, along with the thrust bearing are the perfect spot for an injection molded engineering plastic bearing

--
73 de KG2V
Charlie