[TowerTalk] guying distance

terry burge ki7m at comcast.net
Wed Dec 5 14:28:48 EST 2018

Ah, 'well, yes that goes without saying' to quote Dr. Franken-stein. But of course anytime you put beams up the side of a tower and rotate them you have to take into account the guy wires hitting the boom or elements. Of course, if it's a stand alone tower this does not come into play. Just something you have to deal with. But I still want do it and I've even though of using a 2 element quad on my particular setup. I like quads and know I can build another one. Tuning can be a chore. But I don't know why there aren't more of them. They work.

But yes, make sure whatever antenna you put up doesn't contact the guys...

Terry
KI7M