[TowerTalk] Fwd: guying distance

N4ZR n4zr at comcast.net
Fri Dec 14 21:29:18 EST 2018

Hans, I wonder, did your analysis take into account the catenary curve
caused by the weight of the guy wire? K1TTT did a nice, complete
analysis of what's involved, somewhere on his web site.  I believe K7NV
also has a lot to say about this on his web site, based on
finite-element analysis.  From memory, the catenary curve is much more
of a factor than EHS stretch - that's why tower manufacturers specify
both a size and a static tension value for each guy, to take out much of
the catenary.

FWIW, my 97-foot Rohn 25 tower had single guy anchors at 85 feet from
the base, and guy sets at 31, 62 and 92 feet.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.